Pre Insulated Pipe (PIP)Introducing a new energy saving,condensation free insulation system
What is ZECO Pre-Insulated Pipe?
It is made from three basic components:
- A pressure-tight casing
- The service pipe
- Rigid polyurethane foam
Who makes it?
ZECO, the leaders in air management systems now offer pre-insulated pipes for both above grounds and underground applications. All manufactured in ZECO’s state-of-the-art factory under stringent quality control.
ZECO pre-insulated pipes are best suited for air conditioning with child water / hot water, piping systems, process piping system and domestic hot water piping system with media temperature ranging between -50 degrees C to +100 degrees C in any environmental conditions.
Heating and Cooling
Environmental & Industrial
Pre- Insulated Pipe with PU Foam and HDPE Jacket
Cal-Sil and PU foam with HDPE Jacket
PU Foam with SS/GI seam Jacket
Ideal For Overhead, Underground & Above Ground Applications
- Rigid polyurethane foam has the lowest thermal conductivity and is coefficient of expansion of all known insulating materials. Thus help to save more energy compared to the commonly used electrometric insulation.
- The outer casing material is galvanized, stainless steel or high density polyethylene tubes which will withstand extreme climatic conditions.
- The pressure tight spiral-locked seam tube or high density polyethylene tube provides ultimate vapor barrier.
- Polyurethane foam provides very good damping properties. It reduces noise considerably.
- The pressure tight locked seam tube or the high density polyethylene homogenous and seamless tube ensures water tightness.
- Comply to Class O fire rating in which having a Class 1 fire rating to BS 470: part 7, 1997 (surface spread of flame test) and a fire propagation index to BS 470 part 6 (1989) test with values of 1 less than 12 and 11 less than 6.
- With compressive strength up to 275 kpa, the insulation coupled with the robust outer casing, ZECO pre-insulated pipe can be hung directly on its casing.
- The polyurethane foam utilizes CFC free blowing agent.
Comparison between Pre-Insulated Pipe And Site Insulated Pipe
ZECO pre-insulated pipe can reduce energy loss through the pipe insulation by up to 40% as compared to the conventional insulation. The following chart shows a clear comparison of the heat gained in the fluid by using the 2 types of insulation respectively.
Site Insulated Pipe
- Material : MS
- Brand : ZECO
- Cladding : HDPE (AL/GI is also available)
- Pipe Diameter : 20 mm to 1000 mm
- MS Pipe Class : Class B and Class C